Friday, March 11, 2011

Durka Durka

Wow! I fell off the face of the planet! Things have been so crazy this semester. I think this is the busiest I have ever been! Been doing at least 24 hours of clinicals every week, plus my Capstone project, plus paper writing, plus presentations, plus other homework, plus WORK work. I'm pooped. I napped for 3 hours last night, and then went to bed. Hmph. So what has been new with me?

I recently switched companies AGAIN with my job. I really thought about just not working until I graduated and got a job, but having some extra income is nice. We have a lot of money in the bank to live off, but it was just too scary to think what if that starts dropping, and I don't have a job. No one really wants to hire someone that will only be there for a few months. Especially a nursing job when there is training involved. So I figured out many mistakes I have made regarding the job stuff. I followed the wrong person from Mountain CAP, and I paid for it big time. It finally came to the point where they told me that I was losing the company money (which is their fault, but that is another story), and they were going to no longer pay me for travel time or nonbillable time, and they were going to cut my pay rate for the only billable time that they were going to pay me for. So by the time you calculated everything out and all the work I had to do for them without getting paid, I would only be getting minimum wage-ish....as a Registered Nurse. That is so completely ridiculous that it's not even funny. You would think that cutting my pay that drastically would be illegal, but alas they can apparently do anything they want to me and get away with it. So what did I do? I went to a company that valued my work, and they thought I did a good job....and I took my clients with me. HA! I hate to say it, but it felt nice to take things from them after what they did to me. Anywho...

School has been crazy busy like I said, but this is my last semester, and I graduate on May 14th. I've been a nervous wreck that it's my last semester, and I will be on my own soon, but it's a good thing because I should be making quite a bit of money soon. And I need a new car, so this is good. I've been told by various people that they were started out at anywhere between $65-$80K per year, so I'm uber excited about this. Not to mention the fact that if I work at a rural clinic, all of my student loans will be paid for with a big fat check as soon as I'm approved, so this is fabulous. Now we will only have to worry about Russell's loans.

Faith Mountain is covered in snow this morning. I can't wait until I can go lay in the yard with lots of sunshine while my babies play. Dexter, Citi, and Gunther are all doing well. Citi's getting her teeth cleaned in about a week and a half, so I'm a little worried that she has to have anesthesia for that, but her teeth need cleaned bad, and I think she will be fine. Dexter's a growing boy. He's up to 53 pounds last time I checked. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. Gunther is still a rotten boy. Russell's doing well, and he's been such a help to me. He's always finding something to help me out like making me dinner or doing some dishes or rubbing my back or running me a hot bath. I don't know how I would keep getting through all this crap without him being so sweet. He knows it has been hard for me.

So anywho, that is a quick update of my life. Maybe I will come back again soon!

No comments: